Surveys provide a simple mechanism for collecting large amounts of information from all team members with relatively little effort. Although not statistically significant survey results are used to guide the rest of the project review process. The results tell you where to probe further and what areas seem to be working well.
Once you have decided to do a survey, you can use our survey creator tool to create your survey.
Sample Project Review Survey Questions
Support and Goals
- This project was given the priority it needed from other project teams.
- Project goals were clearly understood by my team members.
- Resources were in place in my group when they were needed.
- My individual deliverables were achievable.
- I received adequate recognition from my direct management team.
- If you have any comments about upper management support on this project, please enter them below.
Expectations and Communications
- Once completed, the shipping product met my expectations.
- There was clear communication among the members of my team.
- Project related meetings made good use of my time.
- Decisions and issue resolutions were clearly communicated.
- I knew how to use the project meetings to raise and resolve my issues.
- Project issues were resolved effectively (by the right people and in a timely manner).
- I was empowered to participate in discussions regarding issues that affected my work.
- Availability of prototypes and/or supported configurations affected my ability to perform my tasks and:
- I knew how to get the information that I needed to do my job.
- Project status was communicated on a timely and regular basis.
- The status of dependencies was communicated concisely and promptly.
- My team followed the lifecycle guidelines for this project.
- The use of product development guidelines made a positive impact on this project.
- The appropriate people were involved in the project definition process.
- I participated in hardware or software design reviews.
- Design reviews were used effectively on my project.
- The development engineer played an active part in designing the test strategy for my area.
- Quality engineers worked closely with development engineers on this project.
- The bug reporting process worked well with our clients.
- The bug reporting process worked well with other project teams.
- The build process for the component area I worked on was effective.
- I consistently understood the software build status for my project.
- The process for writing and distributing release notes worked well.
The Big Picture
- Considering the time-to-market constraint, the right tradeoffs were made between features, quality, resources, and schedule for this product.
- What aspects of the project presented the biggest personal challenge?
- The most important thing I learned on this project that I will take to my next project is:
- The one thing NOT DONE on this project that I would push for on my next project is:
- If you wish to comment on this survey, please do so below.